International students interested in applying for the University of Waterloo’s new Award, valued at $2,500 per term for a maximum of five years, can do so immediately.
Application Deadline: Currently Accepting Applications
International/study permit students are eligible.
Field(s) of Study: Any program is acceptable.
The International Master’s Award of Excellence, esteemed at $2,500 per term for a limit of five full-time terms inside the suitable program time limits (6 terms), will be granted to qualified global expert’s understudies typically entering an examination based alumni program at the University of Waterloo starting May 1, 2019 (spring 2019 affirmations cycle). Based on the Faculty’s prize allocation, qualified students will be nominated. Students will be chosen based on their academic achievements as evidenced in their graduate degree application.
- International students who are enrolled full-time and have a valid Canadian study permit are charged international tuition rates.
- Students in research-based programs are usually given this award (thesis or major research paper).
- Will usually only be awarded to students who are starting their program for the first time (term 1.0).
- Students must exhibit academic excellence by meeting the requirements set out by the Faculty of Arts and Sciences.
- This scholarship may be used in conjunction with other internal or external scholarships (e.g., UW Graduate Scholarship, OGS, etc). Note that scholarships and sponsorships are not the same thing – see the following point.
- Students should not receive foreign government or agency sponsorship at the same time (e.g., China Scholarship Council, Libyan funding, etc.) or be entirely or partially self-funded in excess of the Faculty minimum support levels.
- Students who have been grandfathered under the present IMSA program are unable to be nominated for an IMAE; however, a student who has previously received an IMSA for a master’s degree can be nominated for an IMAE.
- Based on their admissions application, students will be automatically eligible for this award. Departments and/or faculties shall create their own internal process for selecting winners based on eligibility and allocation criteria.
- As needed, faculties may impose stricter eligibility conditions.
Selection Criteria: Based on the Faculty’s grant distribution, faculties will nominate qualified candidates. Students will be chosen based on their academic achievements as evidenced in their graduate degree application.
The number of awards is unknown.
Check Also: The Best Home-Based Side Jobs that Pay Well